The period of BR moderisation produced a wealth of different loco types many of which are no longer in regular service. So if you yearn for the days of loco hauled trains this series is bound to impress.
Although most rail fans didn’t realize it at the time – in retrospect the 1960s and 70s with their fascinating assortment of ‘new’ motive power can now be seen as the vintage years of modern traction. While the 1980s with it’s corporate blue livery is now equally a symbol of yesterday’s railway.
This nostalgic programme features the following archive action all with the benefit of authentic sound effects for each loco class:-
– Penzance to Paddington, Penzance, Hayle Harbour branch, Lostwithiel, St. Germans, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Dawlish Warren, Exeter, Reading, Paddington.
– Featuring Westerns, Warships, 33,45, 46, 50 & HST action.
– Weymouth Quay branch.
– The Bridport branch from Maiden Newton.
– Kings Cross to Dundee, Kings Cross, Yaxley, Grantham, Retford, Doncaster, Leeds, Harrogate, York, Berwick, Dundee. Featuring 47, 56, & Deltic action.
– Push pull services at Glasgow Queen Street with the class 27s.
– Colchester to Norwich, Colchester, Manningtree, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Norwich. Featuring 03, 31, 37 47, & DMU action.
– Faithfully recreated sounds for each class of loco.