The period of BR moderisation produced a wealth of different loco types many of which are no longer in regular service. So if you yearn for the days of loco hauled trains this series is bound to impress.
Although most rail fans didn’t realize it at the time – in retrospect the 1960s and 70s with their fascinating assortment of ‘new’ motive power can now be seen as the vintage years of modern traction. While the 1980s with it’s corporate blue livery is now equally a symbol of yesterday’s railway.
This nostalgic programme features the following archive action all with the benefit of authentic sound effects for each loco class:-
The 60s and 70s, including:-
– Early prototypes, LMS 10000 – 10001/Falcon
– Traffic around Bristol, including Warships, Westerns, Hymeks, 47s, Blue pullman.
– Southern Region:- 4 suburban units, Warships, Hymeks, 33s.
– East Coast Main line:- Deltics, 31s, 47s.
– Traffic around Dundee:- 40s, 47s, 27s. North British type twos.
– The West Coast Main Line in the 1970s and 80s including:-
– Crewe, Wigan, Preston, Lancaster, Penrith, Carlisle.
– Also the Morecambe and Heysham branches.
– The Cumbrian coast.
– The Keswick branch.
– The Warcop branch.
– Locos:- 20, 25, 26, 37, 40, 47, 50, 55, 81, 85, 86, 87, APT, HST, DMU.
– Faithfully recreated sounds for each class of loco.