Main line steam The East Coast Main Line from Kings Cross to Edinburgh when steam still reigned supreme, featuring plenty of nostalgic passenger and freight action.
– Also Edinburgh to Thornton Junction and Cumbernauld to Aberdeen.
– Notable locations Kings Cross, Potters Bar, Retford, Doncaster, York, Darlington & works, Tyne yard, Newcastle, Forth Bridge, Thornton Junction, Larbert, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen.
– Steam on shed Melancholy scenes at York, Sunderland, Edinburgh Saint Margarets.
– Other topics Coal traffic around Sunderland including Ryhope Junction, Easington, & Pelaw also coal at Acklington plus NCB traffic at Amble. Consett steel traffic featuring iron ore and coal between Tyne Dock and Consett including Tyne Dock, South Pelaw Junction, Beamish, Near Stanley, Annfield, Near Leadgate, unloading at Consett.
– Steam loco classes A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, K1, V2, Q6, J27, J36, J39, J72, N2, WD, 9F, 4MT, 5MT, Black fives, Britannia’s.