Archive footage of this quality is seldom seen publicly. Over the past 50 years Richard Greenwood, who will be a familiar name to many for his association with the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, documented a huge selection of high quality steam railway action including the North West of England, Scotland, Wales, the North East and also the Southern region.
This is the first off four volumes around Richards’ home ground in the North West of England and will cover the WCML from Crewe to Carlisle, all around Manchester, Bury, Bolton, Oldham loop line, Copy pit, Rochdale to Todmorden and through to Sowerby Bridge, the line through Diggle and also up to Earby and Skipton.
This DVD includes:-
– Horwich works including Lancs & Yorks tank 11305 and also the last Steam loco overhauled 48756.
– Hoghton to Church and Oswaldtwistle and Accrington.
– Lostock junction to Bolton, also the Daubhill branch and Bolton Shed with rare Fowler Dock tank 47165.
– The line from Bolton through Bradley fold to Bury Knowsley Street and onto Broadfield, Heywood and Castleton.
– The Last service on the Tottington Branch.
– The Heap Bridge Goods service including the coal yard and Yate Duxbury loco ‘May’.
We end with the programme from Castleton through Castleton sidings to Rochdale were Part 2 will continue.