The period of BR moderisation produced a wealth of different loco types many of which are no longer in regular service. So if you yearn for the days of loco hauled trains this series is bound to impress.
Although most rail fans didn’t realize it at the time – in retrospect the 1960s and 70s with their fascinating assortment of ‘new’ motive power can now be seen as the vintage years of modern traction. While the 1980s with it’s corporate blue livery is now equally a symbol of yesterday’s railway.
This nostalgic programme features the following archive action all with the benefit of authentic sound effects for each loco class:-
– Blue liveried Westerns, Peaks, 50’s & 47’s.
– Main line passenger & parcels trains.
– Freight traffic including milk and cement trains in Cornwall, plus aggregate traffic at Westbury.
– Semaphore memories at Newton Abbot, Penzance and many other scenic stations.
– Many superb unspoiled and characteristic locations including Dawlish, Teignmouth, Lostwithiel, Bodmin, Liskeard, Exeter and Westbury.
– Westerns at Paddington and on shed at Old Oak Common.
– Faithfully recreated sounds for each class of loco.