Recently there have been huge changes to railfreight operations in both Wales and the West Country. This brand new title examines all the major flows and assesses the implication for the future in view of the cut backs in steel production. Highlights include:
• South Wales Steel traffic: including a last look at the iron ore trains from Port Talbot to Llanwern and the Ebbw Vale branch. Also flows from Trostre.
• Coal Traffic: Onllwyn, Tower, Aberthaw Power Station and a visit to Fifoots Point Power Station. Plus Avonmouth import terminal. Enterprise services in South Wales, including Cadoxton and Swansea trips and trunk service to Wembley. Gritstone from Cwmbargoed.
• Oil traffic on the Westerleigh branch. Royal mail services. Freightliner flows.
• NW 66s on services from Wentloog Freightliner terminal and on the Calvert-bath-Bristol waste train.
• China clay services, including the Fowey branch and the Parkandillack line. Also a visit to Imerys site at Rocks on the Newquay branch, as well as the Cliffe Vale service.
• Cement traffic to Moorswater.
Created by the same team that produced the incredibly popular Rail Freight Today series – it’s your guarantee of exceptional quality.