Never before have the railways of Denmark been the subject of such a thorough rail profile. On this superbly made programme you’ll find a pleasing variety of state rail action including loco hauled passenger services – contrasted with a surprisingly large collection of private lines, often featuring elderly locos working the freight turns.
This interesting and unique programme usefully highlights rail action in all parts of the network including:-
• Mainline passenger and freight action on the newly electrified line from the border station at Padborg to the new bridge at Nyborg. (Storebœlt link), including cross border services and the new curve at Taulov, Esbjerg to Bramming line including the branch to Tønder, Vojens to Haderslev trip freight working with a class MY loco (including cab ride),
• The final days of train ferry operations between Nyborg and Korsør – shortly before the Storebœlt bridge opened, including both passenger and freight traffic.
• The electrified mainline between Korsør and Copenhagen, passenger services in and around Copenhagen.
• The privately run Ostbanen from Køge to Fakse Ladeplads.
• The train ferry between Puttgarden in Germany to Rødby with transfer operations at Rødby.
• Also the diesel worked line from Rødby through Nykøbing F to Vordingborg, with push pull passenger services and freight.
• The Høng – Tølløse Jernbane highlighting typical railcar operations.
• Two privately operated lines from Hillerød, the Gribskovbanen and Frederiksvœrkbane – with railcar operation.
• Action around Arhus, the biggest city on Jutland, including the extensive docks system. Also a look at the freight operations at Aalborg further north.
• The two privately run lines in the far north of Jutland, Hirtshalsbanen and the Skagensbanen, featuring fish feed from Skagen, as well as some interesting DSB operations.
• The last week of operation of Danish sleeper services from Copenhagen to Frederikshavn. The Stena Rail Ferry from Sweden unloading freight Frederikshavn.
• Preserved steam action on the five kilometre museum line from Bryrup to Vrads in central Jutland.
• The scenic line from Skanderborg through to Herning operated by DSB Railcars.
• Chemical traffic on the Lemvigbane, featuring a colourfully liveried private MX loco working from Holstebro via Vemb and Lemvig to Rønland.
• Loco Classes ME, MH, MK, MT, MX, MY, MZ, & EA. Plus YM, MR, IC3, & IRA. Also German 103, 110, 120.