A brand new programme – released to accompany the launch of our latest book on China – features steam lines that have survived into the new century.
There’s over 90 minutes of the latest action here, all beautifully photographed including many scenes filmed in 2003.
– TIEFA – a marvellous industrial system with plenty of passenger and heavy coal trains – including double headed SYs.
– HEGANG – despite the pit and surrounding lines being electrified this little visited system has some real surprises with SYs working plenty of passenger services.
– TONGCHUAN – a real rarity, operated by JFs, the oldest working locos in China work to Wangshiwa colliery.
– YUNBAOSHAN – a busy colliery system that includes plenty of coal plus a regular mixed freight and passenger service all worked by JSs.
– JI-TONG – the last great steam line in the world! This time featuring action away from the famous Jingpeng pass when we visit Chabuga shed and take time to explore the areas around Lindong and Chabuga for scenic lineside action.Don’t forget to see the sumptiously illustrated book 21st Century Extreme Steam that accompanies this programme.