This latest programme explores the delights of some of the lesser known areas of Southern China including:-
– Shibanxi – a wonderfully evocative narrow gauge line which twists and turns up an isolated valley to carry coal from a small mine plus numerous local passengers and their animals to market.
– Pindingshan – as far as industrial railways are concerned they don’t get any busier than this! Lots of action including SYs, JSs and QJs.
– Yinghao – it seems like time has stood still on this charming narrow gauge line with its intensively worked shuttle up a steep climb to a transfer yard before a lengthy run to the China Rail railhead.
– Hechi – a wonderful JS operated system that passes through some very dramatic and unusual scenery.
– Zhenjiang – an 8km line from a limestone crushing plant to the shipping point on the Yangtze worked by three JSs.