Produced jointly by Steam Railway, Britain’s biggest selling railway magazine and Tele Rail, this splendid 55 minute programme features the latest and best steam action from around the UK, plus some breathtaking world steam including:
• Outstanding material shot at five of the most impressive and popular private steam lines in the UK, including the Severn Valley, East Lancashire, Bluebell, North Yorkshire Moors and Great Central Railways.
• Contrasted with some fascinating views of the early preservation scenes on the Bluebell and Severn Valley Railways.
• A world exclusive – spectacular first professional footage of the world’s newest 100% steam mainline in China, with double headed ‘QJs’ battling over the Jingpeng Pass in winter temperatures as low as –30C!
• Progress report on the Steam Railway Robinson Class 04 No. 63601 restoration appeal.
• Steam driver training courses – join a class for the day and see just what you get for your money.
• Steam archive – nostalgic film action from the Midlands.
• Steam 2002. An update from Poland – the only country in Europe to still operate state-run mainline steam, with some exciting news that will hopefully take working steam into the next century.
• Featured locomotives include Nos. 847,73082 Camelot, 34101 Hartland, 75014, 45428 Eric Treacy, 30777 Sir Lamiel, 48305, 75029, 69523, 6990 Witherslack Hall, 3442 The Great Marquess, 46443, 7802 Bradley Manor 80079, 5407 and 46441. Also Chinese ‘QJs and Polish ‘OL49s’.