With a comprehensive railway network coupled with spectacular scenery, historic cities, picturesque towns and villages Austria offers one of the best travel experiences in Europe.
This brand new DVD explores many of the most popular areas including:-
– Vienna – the beautiful and historic capital which is well served by an extensive tramway network.
– Narrow gauge rack railways, stunning mountain scenery and action on the Achenseebahn, Schafbergbahn and Schneebergbahn lines.
– The historic Mariazellerbahn which still uses electric locos built between 1909 and 1914 for it’s daily services.
– Summer steam on the Pinzgau Bahn
– The wonderful Zillertalbahn which operates a daily summer steam service and even winter steam specials between Christmas and the new year.
– A look at the trams of Innsbruck plus the unusual rural service on the Vecklamarkt Lokalbahn.
– Plus wonderful scenery at Zell am See, Achensee, and the famous Grossglockner.