This fantastic new two-disc DVD from the Model Rail/Tele Rail team is a reference programme that will inspire and instruct anyone about to embark on building a branch line layout, as well as providing an entertaining evening for those who just enjoy Western branch lines.
– Devised by Western Country Stations author, CHRIS LEIGH, and presented by RAIL Editor NIGEL HARRIS, the programme was shot on the preserved West Somerset Railway but also includes archive footage of WR branch lines in the West of England during the 1960s, modern branch operation and models.
– There are also numerous bridges to inspire your modelling.
– The branch line scene
– The railway in the landscape Water features
– West Country harbour Stations
– A detailed look at the West Somerset’s operations- from crossing trains on single lines to modern china clay freights
– Level crossings
– Single line token working
– Motive power from pannier tanks to bubble cars.
Special two disc set packed with inspiration and information.