Modelling expert George Dent gives expert tips on the all-important techniques of weathering rolling stock for adding realism to your layouts.
– Surface preparation, fixatives and varnishing.
– Working with powders, paints & pigments.
– Create a dusty finish for mineral or aggregate wagons. Replicate greasy deposits, rust patches, dirt streaks, graffiti and repairs.
– Create the sooty look of steam-age carriages.
– Capture the chipped paint effect of rusting steel-bodied wagons and the distinctive appearance of wooden-bodied stock.
– Weathering wheels keeping the treads clean
– Adding authentic textures and patinas
– Pre- and post-shading techniques.
– Programme includes a look at a variety of freight and passenger vehicles across the steam and diesel eras.