This is your chance to enjoy a unique slice of everyday living railway history from the same producers that bring you the Steam World Archive Series – the most authentic and popular steam archive series available today. This new series features action from all parts of the old British Railways network and benefits from faithfully added sound using the renowned Peter Handford original steam sound library. Volume one compares some of the favourite express passenger classes, and even includes rare archive cab rides. Each programme is accompanied by an informative script highlighting the major differences between the classes. So turn back the clock with Tele Rail and enjoy the authentic sights and sounds of yesterday!
This brand new Steam World programme gives you the unique opportunity to compare and enjoy seeing the following passenger classes at work:-
• Castle Archive film from the late 1960s including a spectacular cab ride from Worcester to Paddington.
• King The jewel in the crown – at least as far as the GWR was concerned. These magnificent locomotives are predominately featured around Snow Hill Birmingham.
• Coronation The power of Stanier’s finest creation, and certainly the best loved of his designs affectionately better known as Duchesses are seen working on the WCML including the steep climb over Shap.
• Jubilee Rare views of Silver Jubilee in the late 1930s plus action over the beautiful Settle to Carlisle route in the late 1960s.
• Britannia Nostalgic action including a remarkable cab ride out of London Liverpool Street on 70000 Britannia in 1955.
• A3 One of the best loved express passenger classes, highlighting plenty of evocative lineside action on the ECML and some rare views on the Waverley Route.
• A4 Superb archive film of this favourite class at work in their heyday on the ECML (including a cab ride) and onto Aberdeen.
• Bulleid Pacifics Featuring Merchant Navy, West Country and Battle of Britain classes – including a cab ride.