RAIL FREIGHT TODAY
This unique programme includes a full review of the exciting London 2000 open weekend held at Old Oak Common during August 2000, as well as plenty of line side action and a round up of all the current freight locomotive classes still working for EWS.
The final year of the last century - with the dramatic departure of Ed Burkhardt - proved to be particularly turbulent for EWS. With new Chief Executive Philip Mengel now at the helm, the start of the new Millennium is an appropriate item for this well made programme to take a close look at the locomotives, traffic flows and the current level of investment and ask where does EWS go from here?
Produced by the same team that bring you Rail Freight Focus and supported by an informative and interesting script from the acknowledged rail freight expert Paul Shannon, EWS 2000 is a useful over view of EWS rail freight operations today.
• A fascinating look behind the scenes at Old Oak Common as final preparations are made to transform a working depot into the site for the special EWS/RAIL open weekend. Highlights of the action over the special EWS/RAIL open weekend, including naming and special livery locos on view to the public for the first time.
• Lineside action featuring most current mainline freight locomotive classes in service with EWS, including Class 31, 37, 47, 56, 58, 59, 60, 66, 67, 92.
• An overview of some typical freight flows, including coal, gypsum, steel, petroleum, and aggregate traffic, also Enterprise services.
• An exclusive visit to Valencia to see the new Class 67 locomotives under construction, and on test in Spain.
• A profile of the Peak Forest area looking at its traffic and trains.
• A detailed look at a new flow taking coal to Castle Cement's site at Clitheroe in Lancashire - recaptured from road.
• An over view of the new EWS Enterprise trains to Workington docks.
Introduced by Nigel Harris, Managing Editor of EMAP's railway titles, EWS 2000 will bring you right up to date with the current rail freight scene.
Rail Freight Today
Rail Freight Today Vol 1
Rail Freight Today Vol 2
Rail Freight Today Vol 3
Rail Freight Today Vol 4
Rail Freight Today Vol 5
Rail Freight Today Vol 6
Rail Freight Today Vol 7
Rail Freight Today Vol 8
Rail Freight Today Vol 9
Rail Freight Yesterday
Rail Freight Today Ireland
The EWS Story